RAISE Infant Program
RAISE provides coordinated, quality, comprehensive early intervention supports and services to families with infants and toddlers, birth to age three, who have developmental delays or disabilities or who are at high risk for delay. RAISE, recognizing families as the primary agents of change in their child’s development, partners with each family during service delivery, supporting them in ways that enable them to achieve their goals for their child.
RAISE Services include:
• developmental screenings to determine if a young child is learning, playing, moving, talking and understanding like other children his or her age.
• multidisciplinary team eligibility determination process.
• comprehensive assessments to get a thorough understanding of a child’s strengths and challenges.
• service coordination to ensure that each family receives the necessary services and supports that will help their child reach his or her potential.
• physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and developmental services to help families help their children develop new skills and abilities during their everyday routine.
• transition support to assist families in securing appropriate services, if necessary, once their child is no longer age eligible for early intervention.
RAISE is part of the “Infant & Toddler Connection of Virginia,” the statewide system of early intervention services (www.infantva.org).
Anyone, including families, may make a referral to RAISE.