The Psychiatric Services Unit of the RACS provides psychiatric evaluation and specialized medication for the treatment of mental illness for adults and children. RACS Psychiatric Services Unit provides psychiatric and nursing services in a timely and effective manner to help consumers achieve their maximum level of wellness, enhance their quality of life and help them take full responsibility for the management of their mental illness and/or substance dependency.
Psychiatric Services Unit staff provide onsite psychiatric and nursing services including:
• assessment and diagnosis
• prescribing appropriate medications and therapy
• ordering and distribution of specialized medications, prescriptions, injections
• providing education about diagnosis and medications
• developing individualized treatment plans
• monitoring of psychiatric and health status related to treatment
• ordering follow-up blood work
• linking to in-house and community services for individualized therapy, substance abuse or case management needs.
Kirk Luder, M.D. — Medical Director
Darin Christensen, M.D.
Dr. Thaddeus Garland, M.D. — Telepsychiatrist serving both adults and children
Melanie Morris — Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner